Self referral Services
Pharmacy First is a new service in which your local pharmacy can provide assessment, advice, treatment and referrals for uncomplicated urinary tract infection in women aged 16-65 yrs and impetigo for patient over 2 years old.
You may not be eligible if you fulfil the following criteria, in which case you should see your GP as normal:
Urinary tract infection service exclusion criteria:
- Women under 16 yrs or over 65 years
- Patients on prophylactic antibiotics for urinary tract infections
- Patients who are severely unwell e.g. back pain, fever
- Patients with more than three urinary tract infections in the last 12 months
- Patients who are confused
- Patients who are dehydrated
- Patients with a catheter
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients with vaginal discharge
- Patients with blood in the urine
- Diabetic patients
Impetigo service Exclusion Criteria:
- Children under 2 years old
- Patients with more than one site of infection
- Patients who have been infected more than once in 3 months
- Patients with other skin conditions at the site of the infection
Speak to your local pharmacist for more information.
There will be two ways of accessing physiotherapy services:
For those who do not need to see GP complete aself-referral form and post to your local physiotherapy department. See link attached. Or if you are seen by GP then a referral by the GP will be made to your local physiotherapy department. Please note that the self-referral option will replace current drop in clinics and telephone systems of access with effect from 3rd February 2014.The self-referral form can be posted to any of the Physiotherapy departments below:
Clydebank Health Centre, Kilbowie Rd, Clydebank, G81 2TQ. Tel:531 6324
Drumchapel Health Centre, 80-90 Kinfauns Drive, G15 7TS. Tel:211 6147
Gartnavel General Hospital, 1053 Great Western Road, G12 0YN. Tel:211 3021
Maryhill Health Centre, 41 Shawpark Street, G20 9DR. Tel:5318730
Community Centre for Health, 547 Dumbarton Road, G11 6HU. Tel:211 1438
Possilpark Health Centre, Send to Maryhill Health Centre. Tel:531 6134
West Glasgow ACH, Dalnair Street, Yorkhill, Glasgow, G3 8SJ. Tel:201 0270
William Street Clinic, 120-130 William Street, G3 8UR. Tel:314 6200
Woodside Health Centre, Barr Street, G20 7LR. Tel:531 9243
Self-Referral to Podiatry
Patients can now self refer to the Podiatry department for any new problems. You don’t need to see your doctor any more to be referred. Domiciliary service for housebound patients though will need their doctor to refer them as before.
- Podiatry Appointment Line: 0141 201 1270 Monday to Friday 09:30 to 16:30.
Glasgow Pharmacy Stop Smoking Project
Most local pharmacies now participate in the Glasgow Pharmacy Stop Smoking Project. If you are a smoker and would like help with stopping smoking you can approach any of these chemists and they are now able to supply up to 12 weeks nicotine patches on the NHS. You will only pay a prescription charge (if you currently pay for your prescriptions). No GP prescription or referral is required. The pharmacists will also offer support and encouragement.
We would encourage any of our smokers to consider making use of this scheme.
For a full list of participating pharmacies see :
If you would like group or one to one support with stopping smoking this can be arranged locally. Please speak to the practice nurse.
Smoke Free Community Services
Want to Stop Smoking?
Your local contact 0141 232 2110
You can also call the Smokeline on 0800 84 84 84
Drop in clinics are available. See link above for details.
Hearing Aid Self-Referral
Patients can contact local Hospital Service directly for the following:
- Lost Hearing Aids
- Repairs and Batteries
- New Ear Moulds
- Counselling for problems with Hearing Aids
- If previously fitted with a NHS hearing aid.
Contact numbers are as follows:
- Gartnavel Hospital: 0141 211 3054
- Southern General: 0141 201 1438
- Victoria Infirmary: 0141 201 5570
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary: 0141 211 5062
- Stobhill Hospital: 0141 201 3009
Stress Anxiety or Depression
If you would like to access help for stess anxiety or depression please Click Here to view leaflet with details.