Self referral Services
Pharmacy First is a new service in which your local pharmacy can provide assessment, advice, treatment and referrals for uncomplicated urinary tract infection in women aged 16-65 yrs and impetigo for patient over 2 years old.
You may not be eligible if you fulfil the following criteria, in which case you should see your GP as normal:
Urinary tract infection service exclusion criteria:
- Women under 16 yrs or over 65 years
- Patients on prophylactic antibiotics for urinary tract infections
- Patients who are severely unwell e.g. back pain, fever
- Patients with more than three urinary tract infections in the last 12 months
- Patients who are confused
- Patients who are dehydrated
- Patients with a catheter
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients with vaginal discharge
- Patients with blood in the urine
- Diabetic patients
Impetigo service Exclusion Criteria:
- Children under 2 years old
- Patients with more than one site of infection
- Patients who have been infected more than once in 3 months
- Patients with other skin conditions at the site of the infection
Speak to your local pharmacist for more information.
There will be two ways of accessing physiotherapy services:
For those who do not need to see GP complete aself-referral form and post to your local physiotherapy department. See link attached. Or if you are seen by GP then a referral by the GP will be made to your local physiotherapy department. Please note that the self-referral option will replace current drop in clinics and telephone systems of access with effect from 3rd February 2014.The self-referral form can be posted to any of the Physiotherapy departments below:
Clydebank Health Centre, Kilbowie Rd, Clydebank, G81 2TQ. Tel:531 6324
Drumchapel Health Centre, 80-90 Kinfauns Drive, G15 7TS. Tel:211 6147
Gartnavel General Hospital, 1053 Great Western Road, G12 0YN. Tel:211 3021
Maryhill Health Centre, 41 Shawpark Street, G20 9DR. Tel:5318730
Community Centre for Health, 547 Dumbarton Road, G11 6HU. Tel:211 1438
Possilpark Health Centre, Send to Maryhill Health Centre. Tel:531 6134
West Glasgow ACH, Dalnair Street, Yorkhill, Glasgow, G3 8SJ. Tel:201 0270
William Street Clinic, 120-130 William Street, G3 8UR. Tel:314 6200
Woodside Health Centre, Barr Street, G20 7LR. Tel:531 9243
Further details about self referral can be found at the NHS GGC Physiotherapy site:
NHS GGC Physiotherapy
Self-Referral to Podiatry
Patients can now self refer to the Podiatry department for any new problems. You don’t need to see your doctor any more to be referred. Domiciliary service for housebound patients though will need their doctor to refer them as before.
To self refer or book an appointment -
Call the Podiatry Appointment Hotline 0141 347-8909
Mon - Friday 9:30am-4:30pm
Glasgow Pharmacy Stop Smoking Project
Due to Coronavirus the stop smoking service is operating a telephone only service at the moment, please call the following number for support to stop smoking:
Your local contact 0141 232 2110
Hearing Aid Self-Referral
Patients can contact local Hospital Service directly for the following:
- Lost Hearing Aids
- Repairs and Batteries
- New Ear Moulds
- Counselling for problems with Hearing Aids
- If previously fitted with a NHS hearing aid.
Contact numbers are as follows:
- Gartnavel Hospital: 0141 211 3054
- Southern General: 0141 201 1438
- Victoria Infirmary: 0141 201 5570
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary: 0141 211 5062
- Stobhill Hospital: 0141 201 3009
Stress Anxiety or Depression
If you would like to access help for stess anxiety or depression please Click Here to view leaflet with details.
As part of the new Scottish GP contract with Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board the phlebotomy service is being moved from GP surgeries to central locations.
The locations will be The Community Centre for Health, 547 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow or Plean Street Clinic, 18 Plean street, Glasgow, G14 0YJ.
We will be starting to direct patients to this service. To book a blood appointment at either location you will be advised by your GP, Nurse or by letter to telephone 0141 355 1525 between 8:30-4:30pm, they will take your name and CHI number and arrange your appointment at a suitable time.
Appointments will be available Monday – Friday 8.45am – 4.15pm.